Ok, so I've started the blog and didn't know that to add to it I have to post and not comment. Now I know.
Any writers out there with recommendations on software?
Now, I have over 75 pages already and don't know if it would be worth it to invest in any other writing software. I do have Screenwriter, but I'm not writing a screenplay at this time. I'm writing a novel.
Now that that is out of the way, on to writing. I have to restate the worst thing is that it's so darn solitary. Maybe it's like a painter who paints. Having been an actress, I know it's not like that. For the time that you are working on a play you have a sense of community. That is not the case with writing. I miss the community and camaraderie of the theater.
On the other hand, some times you get to be so supportive of your fellow performers that you miss critiques that could aid your performance. That is everyone is being to nice to give you supportive criticism. At least at some point, even if its during the performance, you get feedback.
What do you get as a writer?
Rejection or being ignored by agents and publishers. You don't get feedback before you submit. You don't get a chance to hone it, like you can with a performance.
What can you do to proofread or improve your writing?
One thing I've found out is that that reading out loud helps. So do writer's groups.
Any other thoughts on this?
No comments:
Post a Comment